As part of its activity, the company Street Communication, whose head office is located at 11 Rue de l’Aqueduc, 75010 Paris, France, is required to collect and process information, some of which are referred to as “personal data” . Street Communication attaches great importance to privacy, and uses only data responsibly and confidentially and for a specific purpose.
On the www.streetcommunication.com website, there are two types of data that can be collected:
Data transmitted directly
This data is the data you send to us directly, via a contact form or by direct contact by emathe field of “first and last,” “phone,” “country” and “email” are required in the contact form.
Data collected automatically
During your visits, once your consent has been given, we may collect web analytics information about your browsing, the duration of your consultation, your IP address, your type and browser version. The technology used is the cookie.
The data you provide directly to us is used to contact you again and/or as part of your request to us. Web analytics data is collected anonymously (by registering anonymous IP addresses) by Google Analytics, and allows us to measure our website audience, consultations and potential errors to continuously improve the user experience. This data is used by Street Communication, which is responsible for data processing, and will never be transferred to a third party or used for any purpose other than those detailed above.
Personal data is collected only after the user’s consent is required. This consent is validly collected (buttons and checkboxes), free, clear and unequivocal.
The data will be stored in our databases for up to 3 years.
Every year, Street Communication asks for the consent of the site’s users for the processing of cookies.
Throughout this document, “This site” and “This website” refer to the website streetcommunication.com and governs the privacy of its users who choose to use it. We’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. At any time, you can exercise your rights by emailing us using the contact details provided on the website. You have certain rights in relation to your data and its use, including the right to object to processing based on legitimate interests.
Your rights to personal data
You have the right to view, request a change or delete all of your personal data. You can also withdraw your consent to process your data.
What data do we collect and how?
By browsing our website, you may be required to provide us with data perby completing the required fields on our contact form. This contact form contains complete information about your rights, such as from the Computer and Freedoms Act and the RGPD.
We can also collect your data if:
- You have contacted us by email, phone or mail.
- You post comments, reviews, information or other content on our website
- Each computer has an IP address, a unique number, that allows it to communicate with other computers on the Internet.
HOW OUR SITE WORKS
We use your data (described above) in the following ways:
To connect you with relevant Service Providers:
As explained above, if you submit our web form, we’ll pass your request to one or more relevant Service Providers (named on the consent statement). We will do this in a secure way. For example, using HTTP Secure (HTTPS), which means the data is encrypted. The Service Providers then contact you directly with your quotes. They may contact you by telephone, text/SMS or email. Before we pass your request to any Service Providers, our service may involve an element of automated decision-making. Our technology platform may automatically assess your product requirements and pass your request to such Service Providers that you would like to receive requests for quotes at the time your request is made. We store IP addresses in order to stop unwanted traffic (i.e. spam) to our site. For example, if we become aware that spam is coming from a particular IP address (i.e. computer or location), we can block that IP address. From time to time, we also share IP addresses with Service Providers to enable Service Providers to verify that requests for Quotes have come from a particular country.
To call you to confirm your details or requirements:
For certain products, before connecting you with relevant Service Providers, we may call you to confirm your details or requirements. We may also call you to ask about your experience using our site and service, and dealing with the Service Providers with which we connected you.
To email you about similar products and services:
If you use our quote request service, then, as an existing user, we would like to email you or send you text/SMS messages about similar products and services for which we think you might like quotes or information (“Other Products”). You will always be given an opportunity to opt-out of such messages before we send them, and we will not send such messages if you have opted out.
To create custom and lookalike/similar audiences:
We like to work with Facebook, Google and other platforms (“Platforms”) to reach out to you with adverts for other products. We also like to use platforms to reach out to other people who might like to use our quote request service.
We do this in two ways. In both cases, your data, along with other data, is used to create a custom audience and/or a lookalike/similar audience. Whenever an audience is shared with a platform, the data is first hashed and pseudonymised, meaning that any data within the audience that could identify a person is replaced with an artificial identifier. So the process is secure. Also, we don’t share more data than we need to for the purpose of creating the audience.Custom audience-A custom audience is a list of existing users of our service (“Existing Users”). From time to time, we share this with Platforms. As explained above, the data is first hashed and pseudonymised. The Platform uses this audience to show our Existing Users our adverts for Other Products. Lookalike/similar audience– A lookalike/similar audience is an audience created by the Platform. From time to time, we share with Platforms a list of Existing Users. The Platform uses this list to find and create lookalikes – i.e. other Platform users who have similar characteristics to the Existing Users – to which it shows our adverts. Again, as explained above, the data is first hashed and pseudonymised.
The lawful basis on which we use this information:
- We collect and retain your private information in line with Article 6 of the GDPR
- The data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject
If you would like to find out more about how we use your personal data, want to see a copy of the information about you that we hold, or would like to rescind your previous consent to hold your data, please contact us.
You have a number of rights under the RGPD:
- The right of access : You can submit an access request, requiring us to provide you with a copy of all the data we hold about you within one month.
- the right to rectify If you find that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to request that it be updated.
- the right to erase: You may decide to withdraw your consent or ask that we delete all of your data.
- Right of Opposition: You may object to the processing of your personal data collected on the basis of legitimate interest or the performance of a public interest or public authority.
- The right to limit treatment: You can ask us to limit the use of your personal data. This is an alternative to the right to erase and can be useful when you decide to challenge the accuracy of your personal data or when your information is no longer useful but we need it to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
- Data portability rights: You can obtain and use your personal data for your own purposes and for different services. This right applies only to personal data that we have provided to you through a contract or your consent.
You have certain rights to your personal information under data protection legislation. These rights are covered in more detail in a separate guidance document (DPA 08 Your rights under the RGPD). You have the right to ask:
- Access to all the personal information we hold about you
- Updating one of your personal information that is outdated or incorrect
- Delete all personal information we hold about you
- That we limit the way we treat your personal information
- Provide your personal information to a third-party service provider
- Copying all the personal information we hold about you
- Consider any valid objections you may have regarding the use of your personal information.
If we have asked for your consent to collect and use certain types of personal information for certain activities (for example, for profiling your web activity), you can withdraw your consent at any time.
If you have any questions about this notice, or any data protection or privacy questions, you can contact us using the contact information provided on the website. If you would like to request and receive quotes or product information (“quote”), please complete and send our contact form.