Client : daiwa house using a digital video wall display
Daiwa House Group is a group that co-creates value for individuals, communities, and people’s lifestyles. Daiwa House Group is the leading homebuilder in Japan, offering a wide range of construction services to landowners, commercial and industrial investors. It’s based in Osaka and owns around 90 subsidiaries working the in real estate sector. It was founded in 1955 as a construction company.
Not only do they operate in Japan, but also in the Philippines, United States, China, Australia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Mexico, Myanmar and Thailand.
final result of digital video wall display
Context / environment
Street Co’, has been contacted by Daiwa House group to help to develop this LED wall in the main lobby of their building located in Tokyo.
After a long brainstorming session, Daiwa House groups’ design team has finally decided to create some functional and innovative digital LED touch display in the lobby entrance,
creating one of the most visually dynamic and stimulating commercial real estate spaces in the city.
Creating this unique display in their lobby will absolutely help the newly created building to entertain visitors, partners, and customers. This LED wall display has the objective of helping to retain customers and bring them a fun and playful environment.
Solution : adopt DIGITAL VIDEO WALL DISPLAY
For this project, we used our small pitch indoor product Pitch 2.6. This product was particularly suitable because of its ability to realise any shape with ease. So we built 2 LED wall display screens of 26.5sqm based on 2.6 pitch.
Here are the advantages of the product
High contrast and good colour reproduction, outstanding image quality
Weights only 8.5 KG
Full front and rear installation and maintenance
- Front maintenance: modules and power box can be easily dismantled via the maintenance tool from the front of the screen
- Rear maintenance: the magnetic power box cover can be opened in 2 seconds, maintenance efficiency is also much higher
Multiple installation ways available
Using this product is particularly suitable as there are many options for installation
- 1.Wall surface mounting to save space
Flexibility and creative possibility
1.Curved angel degree:±7.5°、±5°、±2.5°、0° （Curve system optional）
2.Dislocation splicing available
- There is only one standardized module and it is compatible with different cabinets
- One cabinet can use multiple modules, each with different pixel pitches
Single person operation
One person can install and dismantle the cabinets, saving both time and labour.
Installation of digital video wall display
Materials & laboUr
TECHNICAL CONFIGURATION OF WALL LED DISPLAY FOR LOBBY
The screen was composed by
- 33 tiles of 1000mm x 500mm and 3 tiles of 500mm x 500mm
- The pitch used was 2,6mm small pitch
- For a total resolution of 2,496*960px
- Max Consumption 16A (17.6 KW.H) – Average 6A (0.66 KW.H)
- 2sqm spare parts
- CPU Unit: i7 – 8GB ram – Hard disk 512 SSD
- Distance screen to control room 41’
- Production time was 25 days
- Delivery time was 30 days by sea
- Screen depth: 60mm thickness
- LED legs to support structure between 72mm to 101mm adjustable
- 8 games tailored to this project
Cabinet Size(W*H*D mm)
140°(horz.), 140° (vert.)
Max Power Consumption(W/pc)
How to choose the right configuration for a wall LED display.
We have sourced many suppliers from around the world to find the best factory to deliver the product. Here are the LED components that are most important to check prior to placing an order:
- Driver IC
- LED connection Golden wire/copper wire
- Refresh rate
- LED brand
- Cabinet material Steel / aluminum
- Attaching system
Our team can help to make the best decision to have the best product according to the requirements.
How to build a digital waterfall LED wall display screen for a lobby
Transforming a sterile area of plain beige, taste-less wall, with a 46sqm LED screen, It was installed to liven the place up and bring an uber-dynamic sensory experience to an otherwise quite ordinary commercial office lobby. Options for visually magnetic motion content are endless within such a vast and custom LED shape canvas, Our clients partnered with a design company to Digitally create an innovative optical animation.
The Water Wall is a hyper-realistic cascade of water – essentially and literally a fluid visual simulation. The concept is in direct harmony with the huge screen’s shape, with the added visual riddle of splash ebbs and flows around edges.
A synchronous sound design further captures the energy of a bustling and, at times, bursting active lobby space.
Challenge to set up DIGITAL VIDEO WALL DISPLAY
(1) Fluid Dynamics Challenge: True-to-life fluid dynamics using only computer-generated graphics was a major challenge.
(2) Motion Challenge: Because of the powerful intensity and the rapid, dense visual texture of rushing water, it was important to create a realistically eye-catching experience but not one so ferocious that it would create vertigo or motion-sickness in viewers.
(3) Rendering Challenge: The massive template (3K resolution) for the Water Wall created a huge challenge for rendering the final video.
(1) Real-time physics engines were created to perfect the natural movement of water. This produced such realistic-looking water that it even fooled many people on social media, who believed it was a waste of water. In fact, no water was used in the creation of the piece.
(2) The actual speed of the Water Wall had to be slowed down to be both soothing and believable.
(3) For the massive render, a render farm was used, running more than 70 servers for three weeks to complete the project.
The Water Wall creates a sensation of pure energy as the visual and aural rush of water generates a feeling of fresh anticipation and carefree exuberance. Every day, people walk through the doors of the lobby only to snap a photo on their smartphones. It’s definitely something the passersby and visitors haven’t seen before.
Our LED wall display screen is very similar and was inspired by the Salesforce video wall display in San Francisco lobby’s building.
Impact : taking advantage of DIGITAL VIDEO WALL DISPLAY
Cartier is a Luxury brand working with high standards.
Having a flush and curved LED wall of high definition and high density of pixel could be a challenge.
It would have worked for a low-resolution type of video content but not in this particular context.
- Engineering CAD / 3D / Grassauper /
- Video/interactif content creation on unity
- User Experience
Location: Osaka, Japan
Team: Street Co’ Paris + Street Co’ Shenzhen