Client: aeroplane using flexible led ceiling display
Various aircraft manufacturers
Context / environment: create a new space with a flexible led ceiling display
We have been contacted by various aircraft manufacturers to integrate flexible, transparent LED display screens within aircraft to simulate light or simply replace the ceiling of aircraft with simulated sky instead of the inside of the aircraft.
Solution to install a flexible led ceiling display
We created several solutions to use light-simulation for aircraft windows in order to replace the light using various LED pitch and electronic components.
We have built several curved and non-curved prototypes for:
- Ceiling covering with flex led display
- Hublot covering with flex led display
Materials & laboUr
Pitch 2.6 / Flexible indoor-UVW
- Cabinet size: 1.2 x 0.88 R33,7
- Flex Module Indoor LED Screen
- Pixel Pitch:2.6mm
- LED Config: SMD 2020 LED lamps from Nationstar
- Brightness: 1000nits/m2
- Refresh rate: ≥3000Hz(MBI5252)
- Scan rate:1/13
- Total of 13 sqm
- We used 2 circuits lines
- 2 Signal input One working as back up and one as the main signal
- The control system uses a Novastar TB6
- LED Model Goldenwire
- 920k px
The following steps took place:
- Design construction plans of the product and installation system/solution. Our team of LED product designers and engineers came up with stability calculations, 3D models, execution drawings and few safe and convenient options based on the ceiling structure.
- Design of the fixture solution system that takes into account the weight of the LED and the capability of the furniture
- LED module manufacturing. The modules will be specifically designed and manufactured for the furniture.
- Pre-assembly of LED modules at the warehouse
- Test in warehouse
- Product and solution adjustment if necessary
- Production and manufacturing
- Transport and delivery onsite
- On-site installation
We took 3 days to install the prototype screen with a crew of 3 staff.
Challenge to install flexible led ceiling display
The main challenges were in the installation process, including
- integration of the modules
- size of the cabinet
Impact to set up a flexible led ceiling display
It is yet to be measured and will be evaluated after the prototype has been testing on an aircraft.
- Engineering CAD / 3D / Solid works
- Interior Design
- Technology System Design
- Revenue & Sales Strategy
- User Experience
Location: Paris, France
Team: Street Co’ Paris + Street Co’ Shenzhen