Pavilion Kuala Lumpur was built on the former site of Bukit Bintang Girls’ School, the oldest school in Kuala Lumpur, which was moved to Cheras as Sekolah Seri Bintang Utara in 2000. Opened on 20 September 2007, the development consists of a premier shopping centre, two blocks of serviced apartments, an office block and a 5-star hotel.
Context / environment
They contacted Street Co’ to help design P.10 outdoor led display that would fit right at the entrance of the new mall.
The client has shared CAD drawings of the floor plan and the main objective was to use LED displays to embellish and present the product while creating a ‘Digital 4.0 experience’’ type of atmosphere by displaying content that would fit perfectly the rest of the shop design.
The client would advertise products and news about the brand in a very soft and non-aggressive style.
The brief was simple and straightforward:
‘What is the best product to create a High-definition flexible LED display at the entrance?’
They also wanted to set themselves apart from all the ‘Deja vu’ luxury concept store.
Street Co’ has provided the full turn-key solution by being involved in:
- Consultation on finding the best-suited hardware that fits both budget and end-customer requirements
- Engineering of the installation
- Logistic, transportation and planning
- On-site installation
We have taken P10 outdoor cabinet LED display the bigger and built a prototype to test the feasibility of the product for the customer.
The total area is 1310 sqm. It have been installation on the wall.
Materials & laboUr
Pitch 10mm / Flexible outdoor-UVW
- Cabinet size: 960x 960 x 127
- Cabinet qty: 6x6pcs
- Flex Module Indoor LED Screen
- Pixel Pitch:10mm
- LED Config: SMD 2020 LED lamps from Nationstar
- Brightness: 7500nits/m2
- Refresh rate: ≥1920Hz(MBI5252)
- Scan rate:1/4
- We used 13 circuits lines
- 2 Signal input: One working as back up and one as the main signal
- The control system uses a Nova VX6S
- LED Model Goldenwire
- 920k px
The following steps took place:
- Design construction plans of the product and installation system/solution. Our team of LED product designers and engineers came up with stability calculations, 3D model, execution drawings and few safe and convenient options based on the ceiling structure.
- Design of the fixture solution system that takes into account the weight of the LED and the capability of the furniture
- LED modules manufacturing. The modules will be specifically designed and manufactured for the furniture.
- Pre-assembly of LED modules at the warehouse
- Test in warehouse
- Product and solution adjustment if necessary
- Production and manufacturing
- Transport and delivery onsite
- On-site installation
It took 3 days to install the prototype screen with a crew of 3 staff.
The challenges were mainly for the installation, including
- Integration of the modules
- Size of the cabinet
The indoor LED flexible display brings light, design and digital touch to this mall and fits perfectly with the environment.
This installation allowed to attract the interest of all the passers-by, to make them a unique experience and to be totally immersed in the environment.
- Engineering CAD / 3D / Solid works
- Interior Design
- Technology System Design
- Revenue & Sales Strategy
- User Experience
Client: Pavilion Kuala Lumpur
Team: Street Co’ Paris + Street Co’ Shenzhen