Lush is a cosmetics company based in Poole, UK. Founded in 1995, the company opened its first shop in Poole. Today, it has over 830 shops in 51 countries. It offers products that are increasingly in tune with and respectful of animals, people and the environment. A unique concept: handmade and using 100% fresh vegetarian ingredients such as fruits, vegetables but also herbs, flowers, essential oils and vegetable oils (excluding of course palm oil which is devastating for the environment).
Context / environment
As part of the reopening of Lush London, this shop decided to call on Street Communication to renovate its spaces.
Indeed, their business was closed for several months following the covid-19. This is why Lush wanted to revitalise their shop in order to attract their customers back to their structure. To do so, it chose to opt for a standard LED ceiling screen of 7.53 sqm.
This LED screen will bring a touch of renewal, enhance their space and give their customers a unique experience.
The brief was simple and straightforward:
‘What is the best product to create a High-definition standard LED display at the entrance?’
They also wanted to set themselves apart from all the ‘Deja vu’ luxury concept store.
Street Co’ has provided the full turn-key solution by being involved in:
- Consultation on finding the best-suited hardware that fits both budget and end-customer requirements
- Engineering of the installation
- Logistic, transportation and planning
- On-site installation
The full project would be 7,53 sqm.
Materials & laboUr
Pitch 4mm / Ceilling LED indoor
- Cabinet size: W609.92mm x H343.08 mm
- Cabinet qty: 36pcs
- Model : UHWII 2.5
- Module resolution : 60 x135 Dots
- Screen size : 7,53 sqm
- Module size : W152.48 mm x H343.08 mm
- LED lamp : 3 in 1 SMD
- Brightness: 800cd/m2
- Refresh rate: 1920Hz
- We used 13 circuits lines
- 2 Signal input: One working as back up and one as the main signal
- The control system uses a Nova VX6S
- LED Model Goldenwire
- 920k px
The following steps took place:
- Design construction plans of the product and installation system/solution. Our team of LED product designers and engineers came up with stability calculations, 3D model, execution drawings and few safe and convenient options based on the ceiling structure.
- Design of the fixture solution system that takes into account the weight of the LED and the capability of the furniture
- LED modules manufacturing. The modules will be specifically designed and manufactured for the furniture.
- Pre-assembly of LED modules at the warehouse
- Test in warehouse
- Product and solution adjustment if necessary
- Production and manufacturing
- Transport and delivery onsite
- On-site installation
It took 3 days to install the prototype screen with a crew of 3 staff.
The challenges were mainly for the installation, including
- Integration of the modules
- Integration of the structure into the ceiling
The Ceiling display brings light, design and digital touch to this clothing store and fits perfectly with the environment.
The unconventional led shape display fits perfectly in the space. The video content displayed is very colourful and detailed which helps contribute to the young and dynamic image of Lush.
- Engineering CAD / 3D / Solid works
- Interior Design
- Technology System Design
- Revenue & Sales Strategy
- User Experience
Location: England, London
Team: Street Co’ London + Street Co’ Shenzhen