Context / environment
Viewport studio has contacted Street Co’ to help design the interactive LED floor display installation for Virgin galactic.For the upcoming opening of their ‘Spaceport’ Jeremy Brown, Design Director at Virgin Galactic, was looking for a digital solution to enhance the onboarding steps for future neo astronauts .
The objective of Virgin Galactic was to create the safest and best customer-experience that money canbuy.
Flintco was the company in charge of general construction management as well as project and program management. We have been working closely with them to make sure we deliver to the highest-quality standard.
Street Co’ has provided the full turnkey solution by being involved in both
- Consultation on finding the best-suited hardware that fits both budget and end-customer requirements
- Engineering of the installation
- Logistic, transportation and planning
- On-site installation
- Developing bespoke content for Virgin galactic
This project has a 3 years free warranty under Street Co’s warranty program.
fixation system engineering
Cabinet + STUCTURE Installation
Materials & laboUr
Item Interactive LED floor
2 Pixel Pitch 5.2mm
3 LED Configuration SMD1921(Nationstar, Copper)
4 Pixel Density 36,864/m2
5 Scanning Mode 1/8
6 Unit Pixel 96*96
7 Gray Scale ≥14 bit
8 Refresh Frequency 1,920HZ(MBI5124)
9 Viewing Angle (H)≥140º / (V)≥140º
10 Weight 13Kg/pc
11 Brightness ≥3000cd/m²
12 Optimal View Distance 5m
13 Max Consumption 240W/pcs / Avg Consumption 80W/pcs
15 Frame Frequency 50-85Hz
16 Interaction multi-touch
17 Loading capacity ＞2000kg//m²
18 Stock Temperature (-40℃～+85℃)
19 Working Temperature ( -30℃～+60℃ )
21 Life Span ≥100000 h
25 IP Rating IP65/IP54(Seetronic)
Biggest challenges were:
- Find the best compromise: Dimensions / resolution / Pitch / budget
- Having a floor completely flush, neat and levelled so that we could install the LED digital floor completely flush with the rest of the floor tiles
- Having enough circuitry to run the floor safely
- Creating content that fit both the customer’s branding and the design brief
Interactive LED floors have become quite popular over the last few years. it has the potential to send powerful messages in a very unique and distinct way that would enhance just about any brand.
In essence, it gives a breath of fresh air to advertising and promotion efforts which establish corporate identity from an entirely different perspective.
The feedback from the customers so far has been incredibly positive.
- Engineering CAD / 3D / Grassauper /
- Video/interactive content creation on unity
- Interior Design
- Technology System Design
- User Experience