Client : SATURN USING AN Interactive led floor display
Saturn is a German home appliance and multimedia store chain, founded in 1961 by two entrepreneurs, including Helmut Heinz Springer. In June 2014, Saturn had more than 200 stores in Europe, spread over 6 different countries.
Since 1990, the Saturn chain has been partners with Media Markt, of the Media-Saturn group, and is itself a part of the German group Metro AG.
Context / environment
The new “Saturn Cologne City” has opened in Cologne. The flagship store is Saturn’s most modern technology store and it has five floors.
For the new location, the building that used to be the Jacobi textile store was completely rebuilt in record time and designed in the latest Saturn store aesthetic. With the new store, Saturn is significantly gaining space and presence: Instead of the previous 4,100 square meters in the store on the fourth floor of the neighbouring Galeria Kaufhof, around 6,500 square meters of retail space is now available.
The aim of the new store is to make buying technology an extraordinary experience. The comprehensive product presentation is supplemented by specially-themed worlds, digital highlights and a comprehensive range of services. Customers will find consumer electronics and entertainment on five floors, and the entrance area is already quite spectacular: customers enter the market via a 21 square meter area with digital LED effects that are embedded in the floor. “The store design reflects the innovative spirit that is characteristic of Saturn,”
Solution : Interactive led floor display
Street Co’ has been appointed as the technical partner to supply the interactive LED display floor screens turnkey solution.
Materials & laboUr :
Interactive led floor display
PREMIUM SPECIFICATION VERSION: Specification of the interactive LED floor game for Saturn
- The screen was recessed inside the floor
- We used 2 conduits to bring power through 1 circuit
- 2 Signal inputs One working as back up and one as the main signal
- Size: Length: 10m x 2m
- The LED floor display use a Pitch 5.2 with a resolution of W1152xH480 px
- The control system uses a Novastar Mctrl 510p
- PreLED Model Goldenwire
- Size: Width 8’4
- Module Size (mm) 250×250
- Tile size (mm) 500×500
- Resolution (WxH) 48×48
- Driver MBI SMD – 5120
- Refresh Rate 1940Hz
- Scan Type 1/8
- Brightness (nits) 3500
- Led Brand Nationstar
- Both indoor and outdoor use
- Nationstar, Neutrik outdoor connector
- MBI5051B driver
Interactive LED floor games installation steps:
- Make sure the substrate is completely free of dust, clean, neat and levelled
- Install the LED floor leg one on each corner
- Prepare the wiring of each section
- Lay down the LED panel
- Put them together on each quarter of leg
- Level the floor making sure each module is flush with each other and with the edge of each floor
- Set up the control room
- On the software make the mapping to set the complete image
It took5.5 days and 4 staff members to accomplish this project.
Challenge TO INSTALL Interactive led floor display
Biggest challenges were:
- Find the best location within the building to fit this giant LED floor; making sure client and customers are able to get the best out of it.
- Find the best compromise: Dimensions / resolution / Pitch / budget
- Having a floor completely flush, neat and levelled so we could install the LED digital floor completely flush with the rest of the floor tiles
- Getting the distances between the LED floor display and the control room right. ll conduit had to be created on the floor to make sure the maintenance could be done if required at a later stage.
- Having enough circuit to run safely the floor
- Creating content that fit the clients branding
Impact TO SET UP AN Interactive led floor display
The LED interactive floor was finally installed right at the main entrance of the building which means every single customer has to step into it.
The feedback from the customers has been incredibly positive so far.
The interactive floor display goes hand to hand with the electronic industry and helps with boosting the technologic digital touch of Saturn.