The supergroup is a creative agency, based in Atlanta, GA. with offices around the world, at a music festival, in an aeroplane, or on the sidelines of a marathon.
They go where our work takes them, and they wouldn’t have it any other way.
Context / environment
The supergroup contacted Street Co’ in order to get support in finding the best product for the new RedBull campaign at Ultra festival in Miami.
Street Co’ was appointed as the technical partner to supply the flexible outdoor LED display 9’ video can turnkey solution while The supergroup were managing relationships with customers and ultra festival management team.
We designed a flexible outdoor LED display screen using Pitch 6mm outdoor blackface with less than 45kg meaning it can be fixed with adhesive – Pitch 6mm enables us to display enough density of pixel for the special custom-made content by Redbull and The supergroup.
The display is divided into 4 units and each cabinet is able to work independently as it has its own power supply and receiving cards.
Materials & laboUr
Specification of Flex Module Indoor LED Screen:
- Cylinder size 2240mm x 2880mm
- Resolution: W576px x H448px
- 2.56m height , 0917m diameter
- Cabinet 4 cabinets
- Screen size: 6.45m2
- 2 sets (each set 6.4512㎡)
- Total: 13sqm
- Rigid outdoor LED Screen angled to make curved
- Pixel Pitch:6mm
- LED Config: SMD 2020 LED lamps from Nationstar
- Brightness: 5000nits/m2
- Refresh rate: ≥3000Hz(MBI5252)
- Scan rate:1/13
- Total of 13 sqm
- We used 13 circuits lines
- 2 Signal input One working as back up and one as the main signal
- The control system uses a Novastar Mctrl VX4s
- LED Model Goldenwire
- 258k px
The challenges were mainly for the installation, including
- Integration of the modules
- Size of the cabinet
- Engineering CAD / 3D / Grasshopper /
Location: Ultra festival Miami, US
End customer; Redbull
Team: Street Co’ Boston + Shenzhen offices