Client : mango choose a Flexible shape led display
MANGO is an internationally famous multinational which designs, manufactures and markets women’s and men’s clothing and accessories. At present, MANGO has over 7,800 employees, 1,850 of whom work at the Hangar Design Centre and at its Headquarters in Palau Solità i Plegamans (Barcelona).
Context / environment
For the opening of new shops in Milano Duomo, Mango was working on having an unconventional LED shape using parametric designs.
They contacted Street Co’ to help design the LED flexible display
that would fit right at the entrance of the new concept store of Mango.
The client has shared CAD drawings of the floor plan and the main objective was to use LED displays to embellish and present the product while creating a ‘Digital 4.0 experience’’ type of atmosphere by displaying content that would fit perfectly the rest of the shop design.
The client would advertise products and news about the brand in a very soft and non-aggressive style.
The brief was simple and straightforward:
‘What is the best product to create a High-definition flexible LED display at the entrance?’
They also wanted to set themselves apart from all the ‘Deja vu’ luxury concept store.
Solution : set up Flexible shape led display
Street Co’ has provided the full turn-key solution by being involved in:
- Consultation on finding the best-suited hardware that fits both budget and end-customer requirements
- Engineering of the installation
- Logistic, transportation and planning
- On-site installation
We have taken the bigger curved angle of the furniture and built a prototype to test the feasibility of the product for the customer.
The full project would be 73 sqm.
Flexible shape led display VIDEO RESULT
Materials & laboUr
Pitch 4mm / Flexible indoor-UVW
- Cabinet size: W1640xH1600
- Cabinet qty: 11pcs
- Flex Module Indoor LED Screen
- Pixel Pitch:4mm
- LED Config: SMD 2020 LED lamps from Nationstar
- Brightness: 1000nits/m2
- Refresh rate: ≥3000Hz(MBI5252)
- Scan rate:1/13
- Total of 73 sqm
- We used 13 circuits lines
- 2 Signal input: One working as back up and one as the main signal
- The control system uses a Nova VX6S
- LED Model Goldenwire
- 920k px
The following steps took place:
- Design construction plans of the product and installation system/solution. Our team of LED product designers and engineers came up with stability calculations, 3D model, execution drawings and few safe and convenient options based on the ceiling structure.
- Design of the fixture solution system that takes into account the weight of the LED and the capability of the furniture
- LED modules manufacturing. The modules will be specifically designed and manufactured for the furniture.
- Pre-assembly of LED modules at the warehouse
- Test in warehouse
- Product and solution adjustment if necessary
- Production and manufacturing
- Transport and delivery onsite
- On-site installation
It took 3 days to install the prototype screen with a crew of 3 staff.
Challenge : to install a Flexible shape led display
The challenges were mainly for the installation, including
- Integration of the modules
- Size of the cabinet
Impact: Flexible shape led display for a new concept store
The LED flexible display brings light, design and digital touch to this clothing store and fits perfectly with the environment.
The unconventional led shape display fits perfectly in the space. The video content displayed is very colourful and detailed which helps contribute to the young and dynamic image of Mango.
- Engineering CAD / 3D / Solid works
- Interior Design
- Technology System Design
- Revenue & Sales Strategy
- User Experience