Sign4u is an expert in [digital] gaming signage from the netherlands.
They have expertise in casinos, arcades and many other types of location which needs illuminating, both in décor and in [jackpot] multimedia systems. They love a challenge.
Context / environment
Street Co’s LED engineers and designers were contacted by sign4u, for consultation to provide flexible LED display post in the Sochi casino.
The client shared CAD drawings of the floor plan. The main objective was to hide the two big columns with cylinder LED display.
After a few brainstorming meetings, Street co’ proposed dozens of options to decorate and disguise columns with digital doughnut LED screens.
This project was part of a global renovation for the opening of the new casino.
The architectural team were after suggestions of design options for the shop using our products and technologies, they were open to receive some advice and design proposals.
Street Co’ has been appointed as the technical partner to supply the Flexible indoor LED display video can turnkey solution while Sign4u was managing relationships with customers.
To feature the main concrete column right at the entrance of the shop, we proposed options using flexible and curved LED screens.
This concrete column was part of the supporting structure of the building. The casino’s management didn’t allow drilling or fix anything to this post.
So we understood the limitations and challenges of the environment.
We have teamed up with our preferred architect consultant Arthur Mamou Mani to propose 3D visually attractive options of LED display cylinders throughout the column using grasshopper. Options included Palm covering, rings etc.
Arthur is used to our products so he has designed he knew exactly how to reduce or add design-specifications that impact on the budget.
We started with:
- Consultation / Brainstorming in collaboration with Mamou mani to find the best-suited hardware that fit both budget and end-customer requirements with several options as mentioned above
- Price matric showing: Pitch, Resolution, diameters options, quantity, Price and result
- Proposing 3D visualisation of the final result on the column
- Creating a full ring section prototype to ensure we have taken into account all potential challenges
- Detail execution plan with AutoCAD and DWG drawings
- Team up with metal fabricator of LED cylinders to enable a turnkey solution
- Engineering of the installation
- Logistic, transportation and planning
- On-site installation
This project has a 3 years free warranty under Street Co’s warranty program.
Diagram showing the signal of the column cylinder LED screen with the resolution and the control system diagram.
The screen is run by 6 electrical circuits that power the LED tiles in order to avoid a complete blackout if the power were to be cut. Each line holds 3 cylindrical ring LED screens and has a maximum consumption of 15,1KW. This diagram is for reference to know how the power is being connected. All cables are labelled and directly connected to the control room.
The content has been delivered by the customer.
Materials & laboUr
- 1st Column : 7.175 sqm
- 2nd Column : 7.175 sqm
- Total dimensions: 14.35 sqm
- Calculation with modules Width 25 cm
- Resolution: first strip W4608px x H64px
- Resolution: second strip W3072px x H64px
- Flex Module Indoor LED Screen
- Pixel Pitch:3.9mm
- LED Config: SMD 2020 LED lamps from Nationstar
- Brightness: 1000nits/m2
- Refresh rate: ≥3000Hz(MBI5252)
- Scan rate:1/13
- We used 6 circuits lines
- 2 Signal input One working as back up and one as the main signal
- The control system uses a Novastar Mctrl VX4s
- LED Model Goldenwire
- 920k px
The following steps took place:
- Design construction plans of the product and installation system/solution. Our team of LED product design, designer and engineer will come up with stability calculation, 3D model and execution drawings and few safe and convenient options based on the ceiling structure your team have shared with us – That will be shared on commissioning. This step has already started.
- Design of the fixation solution system It will take into account the weight of the LED and the capability of each beam structure without drilling on the concrete columns
- LED modules manufacturing. The modules will be specifically designed and manufactured for the ceiling.
- Pre-assembly of LED modules at the warehouse
- In-warehouse testing
- Product and solution adjustment if necessary
- Production and manufacturing
- Transport and delivery onsite
- On-site installation
- Video signal test
- Content management & broadcasting test onsite
- Training for maintenance
- Training for display
We took 6 days to install the screen and the support structure with a crew of 6 staff.
Installation of the structure was a struggle because of the parametric shape and the limited space available to drill.
The shape of the screen conveys a brilliant artistic touch in the flagship store.
The column LED display fits perfectly in the space and compliments the products – The video content displays a lot of colour and details which help contribute to the young and dynamic image.
This screen is not used to advertise products but instead to embellish the branding.
- Engineering CAD / 3D / Grasshopper /
- Technology System Design
- Video/interactive content creation
- Revenue & Sales Strategy
- User Experience